My 2011 TECH 5AT also started to make some brief usual noise when I started my car from a cold start intermittently starting a few months ago. The noise is hard to describe but is not a grinding noise. I can't tell whether the noise is from the engine bay or not. In addition to the noise, I can also feel a slight jerk.
Unblock all website proxy
- Allow the engine oil to drain from the VTC system by not starting the engine for at least 6 hours. Start the engine and immediately listen for a loud rattle. On start-up, do you hear a loud engine rattle that lasts about 2 seconds? Yes - Go to REPAIR PROCEDURE
- Mar 06, 2017 · A14-047 August 2, 2014 ATB 51986 (1408) Noise From the Rear Differential AFFECTED VEHICLES Year Model Trim VIN Range 2012-14 CR-V AWD Only ALL SYMPTOM There is a creak or groan from the rear differential upon light acceleration from a stop.
If you search You Tube, for "2012 Honda CRV, Cold start noise" you will hear exactly what noise I'm referring to. Through research, I've found that this problem affects all recent model 2.4L engines, CRV's and Accords. It's a metal on metal sound, like a grinding noise, or to me sounds like the timing chain is hitting the valve cover.
- How to Determine the Cause of a Grinding Noise in a Car by Josh Baum If you’re not exactly mechanically inclined, the only sure-fire way to find out why your car is making a horrible noise is to take it to a mechanic for a diagnostic.
Get reliability information for the 2014 Honda Odyssey from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge.
- I've notice that if I start the vehicle and let it run for at least a few seconds, turn it off and then start it again, the noise is barely present, if at all. The longer it sits off, the louder it gets. The video I posted was of the first start of the day after sitting off for at least 16-18 hours overnight (around 70F ambient temp at the time).
May 31, 2015 · The 2003 Honda Accord, 2001 Honda Civic and 2002 Honda Odyssey appear to be the worst years for transmission failure. Some quick stats: Some quick stats: More than half of the reported transmission problems happen under 90,000 miles.
- May 09, 2016 · This may be due to a faulty starter motor and incorrect positioning of the torque converter ring gear, the gear with which the starter meshes to spin the engine at startup. Vehicles affected by ...
The 2014 Honda Accord car makes a clicking noise but won’t start: If you turn the key to the “Start” position, but the engine won’t crank; all you hear is a single click or repeated clicking coming from the engine compartment. Very often this could be caused by a low battery or poor connection between the battery and starter.
- Hey guys I have a 2000 Honda Accord Ex V6 Coupe, and i've been having the same exact problem. Some days when i've driven the car around doing errands, I would get back in my car after leaving it for ten min, and try to start my car, then my car would start but the rpm would go down to zero and my car would die.
1994 Honda Accord won't start when only turned off for a few minutes. I have to wait 10 minutes and then it starts. What could this be? 1 Answer. This problem has been going on for over a year now, and I haven't had the money to fix it. I first noticed it at gas stations. I'd stop, turn off my car, fill up, and then the car wouldn't start. It...
- Sep 16, 2017 · If the car did not make the noise to start with, then you should have it inspected. A worn CV axle can cause what some people describe as a grinding noise. This noise is commonly heard on tight turns at slow speeds. When an axle wears, the joint no longer smoothly articulates. This in turn causes a grinding noise when it catches at a stiff spot.
2013 Honda Accord Question. I own a 2013 Honda Accord Sport and it has that rattle on start ups and is now consuming oil. Before I get to the 5000 miles it will be more then 3 quarts low. Which means my oil light is coming on when I stop at a light or stop sign. I have taken my car to Spreen Honda where I serviced the car since I bought it.